Click on upper image to enlarge
- These bees are the only ones remaining after the queen bee & a swarm of approx. 20,000 bees left the lilac branch for another location. The bits of white on the branch and leaves are beeswax deposited when the swarm had begun to build a hive
- A colony of honey bees has 50-60,000 bees.
- A single bee colony can produce 100 pounds of extra honey.
- Crops rely on bee pollination, particularly: apple, buckwheat, cucumber, mango, raspberry, blueberry, canola, cantaloupe, pumpkin, watermelon, kiwi
- Garden Tripod eMagazine, 7th edition, Jan. 2013
- Featured Women Photographers
- Sticks, Stones & Living Things
- Bees & Wasps
- Tiny Creatures In Macro
- Top Ten, Bees & Wasps challenge
- Top Ten, Bugs/Animals on Flowers/Foliage In Macro challenge