Shop

St. Simon Lighthouse by Laurie Perry
Clear

Currently unavailable for purchase



The St. Simon Lighthouse is located on St. Simon Island, GA- USA. We visited this during a week’s vacation in Savannah, Tybee Island, Georgia.
This is the 2nd lighthouse built on this location. The first lighthouse was built in 1810 and destroyed by Confederate Soldiers during the Civil War to prevent the Union from using the light as a navigational aide. The current lighthouse was built in 1872 and continues to be used as a navigational aide.
In 2004, the lighthouse was deeded to the Coastal Georgia Historical Society under the Lighthouse Preservation Act.

desktop tablet-landscape content-width tablet-portrait workstream-4-across phone-landscape phone-portrait