The “Imperia” statue as found at the harbour on the lake in Constance, Germany.
This statue stands at the harbor entrance of Constance, as reminder of the Council of Constance that took place here between 1414 and 1418. The 9m concrete statue designed by Peter Lenk in 1993 weighs 18 tons and stands on a pedestal that rotates around its axis once every three minutes. It shows a woman holding Pope Martin V and Emperor Sigismund in her hands, representing the Catholic and secular powers.
Photograph taken with Nikon D7000, 10-20mm Sigma lens @ 20mm, iso 1000, f/6, 1/1250 sec. HDR created from 3 bracketed photos (-2,0,+2), tonemapped in Photomatix. Final processing in PS CS4.
Image added on 30th of July, 2011