The Gamm Theater is a 48,000-square-foot Romanesque revival brick castle with green copper turrets designed by William Walker & Sons and built from 1894 to 1895 and is on the National Register of Historic Places.
Erected after WWII, the 4,500-square-foot brick annex housed military vehicles for the Rhode Island National Guard units headquartered in the adjoining Pawtucket Armory. Abandoned in 1994, the building became a garage for the Pawtucket Police Department.
The renovation of the annex as The Gamm Theatre’s residence is the first phase in a multi-year plan to revitalize the main armory and annex as a regional center for the arts and arts education.
Photographed with a Nikon D3000
Edited in Nikon Capture NX2 software