Located in Middletown, RI, this grist wind mill is one of the last 2 on Aquidneck Island. It was built in 1810 by John Peterson from oak timbers obtained from Peterson’s schooner. The mill provided feed for fattening livestock.
Wm. Boyd first leased, then bought it in 1815, running the mill for many years..
In 1998 it was restored. It is the only 8 bladed windmill in the United States.