This detail of an ancient embroidery is held in Budapest, Hungary. The silk piece was found as a large mudball in the bottom of a well. The well appears to have last been used in 1427, judging by the coins found in the well, dating the textile to the 15th century.
The whole applique embroidery illustrates the red-silver (white) per fess coat-of-arms of the Árpád dynasty and the Angevin coat-of-arms of golden lilies on a blue field in lozenge shields.
This photographic detail shows the delicate work around the edges of a lily, and would make a great card or print for someone fascinated by the history of textiles, heraldry or embroidery.