1. thanks Dad for marrying mom….you made a great couple the 60 plus years you were married…and you and mom produced 4 pretty cool kids including me…..
2. thanks Dad for taking me camping, and teaching me how to fish……
3. thanks Dad for spending countless hours with me on the baseball diamond hitting me ground balls until the summer light had turned to darkness and neither one of us could see the ball anymore, or until we could hear mom calling us from our house across the road to come home, and reminding you that you had to go to work early the next morning….
4. thanks Dad for having that little sex talk with me when I was teenager. I made it though adolescence without getting any girls pregnant :)
5. thanks Dad for all the stories you told me about our Irish Heritage, your parents, their parents and Ireland…..
6. thanks Dad for playing it very safe with electricity all those 40 plus years you were a lineman, and made it though to retirement without getting hurt……
7. thanks Dad for putting your arm around me in 1970 and consoling me after a 66-12 slaughter in high school football to Lead South Dakota, on a very very frigid, cold September night, and reminding me that I had scored half of our team’s touchdowns that night :)
8. thank you for having been a boxer in your youth, and teaching me how to throw that quick left jab followed by a right hook. It’s come in handy a few times…….
9. thanks Dad for all you taught me about living and dying that three weeks I spent with you before your death from cancer in April of 2000. I remember, when I was absolutely filled with grief and sadness, asking: "why you Dad? why Now?, and you smiled and said: "Why not me, Kev?? Why not now??
10. Thanks Dad for watching over me in spirit, from the other side. I really really really feel your presence today…….