King Neptune Sculpture/Fountain
at Malaga Cove, Palos Verdes Estates, California
Created by an unknown artist in the 17th century as a copy of the original 16th century bronze fountain by Giambologna, the sculpture was imported from Italy by the collector, Arnoldo Adolfo di Segni in the late 1920s, purchased from him by the Palos Verdes Project and dedicated in Malaga Plaza on February 16, 1930. The sculpture was restored and rededicated in 1969 and 1999.
Photo from 1930 when the fountain was first dedicated: