The BMW Tower is the headquarters and part of the BMW complex together with the BMW Welt, BMW Museum and a section of the Munich factory.
It was originally built in 1972, completed just in time for the Olympic Games, and has been a Munich landmark for almost 40 years, with renovation work in 2004- 2006. The design is based on the four-cylinders of a car engine.
It was made a listed building by the Bavarian State Office for the Preservation of Historic Buildings and Monuments in 1999.
The circular building is part of the BMW Museum. It is located next to BMW Tower, across the road from the BMW Welt. The building was renovated between 2004 and 2008, based on the original structural concept constructed in 1973 and designed by architect Professor Karl Schwanzer.
Location: BMW Centre, Munich, Bavaria, Germany.
Nikon D200, Sigma 18-200mm.
1324 views, 06.01.2016