Location: Opposite the port of Port Ellen next to Carraig Fhada at Kilnaughton Bay. The lighthouse was commissioned in 1832 by Walter Frederick Campbell in memory of Lady Eleanor Campbell. This is a very characteristic lighthouse with two square towers connected to each other.
Light Established: 1832
Engineer: David Hamilton & son
Character: Flash every 3 seconds, with white, red, and green sectors.
Tower height: 57 metres.
Information from islayinfo.com
Location: Kilnaughton Bay, Islay, Scotland, UK
Nikon D200, Sigma 18-200mm. Post-pro in CS4. Captured on a beautiful early summer evening.
Featured in Northern Landscape