Taken at the Crom Estate in county Fermanagh on a recent Spring photo trip From Wikipedia: Like many Ulster country estates, the first house at Crom was built by a Scottish Planter at the beginning of the 17th century. In 1611, as part of the Plantation of Ulster, Michael Balfour, the Laird of Mountwhinney, constructed a house on the lough shore opposite Inishfendra Island. Following the usual pattern for a Plantation castle, it was built of lime and stone and enclosed within a bawn. It survived two Jacobite sieges before being destroyed in 1764 by a domestic fire. The ruins of this castle still survive today.