Feature: Northern Landscapes – May 21 2013
Feature: Canadiana – May 26 2013
The West Montrose covered bridge was constructed in 1881 by John and Benjamin Bear and is best known for being the last remaining historical covered bridge in Ontario. These bridges were known colloquially as ‘kissing bridges’ since couples would be out of sight as they passed through the bridge. While the original bridge was constructed entirely of wood, in a series of repairs and restorations the bridge uses a combination of materials but retains its original form. In 1960 the bridge was recognized as an historic site by the Ontario Archaeological and Historic Sites Board and was designated as a heritage site in 1975.
AF-S NIKKOR 16–35mm f/4G ED VR.
ISO – 50 f / 22 1 / 10 sec. Aperture Priority
Taken: May 18 2013 – West Montrose, Ontario, Canada