Photographed in Bergen harbour, Norway, the Statsraad Lehmkuhl is a three-masted barque rigged training ship, owned and operated by the Statsraad Lehmkuhl Foundation. It is contracted out for various purposes and serves as a training ship for the Royal Norwegian Navy.
It was built in 1914 as a training ship for the German merchant marine under the name Grossherzog Friedrich August. After the First World War the ship was taken as a prize by the United Kingdom and in 1921 the ship was bought by former Norwegian cabinet minister Kristoffer Lehmkuhl. With the exception of the Second World War, when she was captured by German troops and called Westwärts, the ship has belonged to Bergens Skoleskib until it was donated to the Foundation in 1978.
Camera – Canon EOS 69D