The Richmond River Lighthouse is only a short lighthouse of 7 metres tall. It is located at the northern head of the Richmond River, a few kilometres from the settlement and river wharves of Ballina.
The Richmond River Lighthouse is one of the oldest lighthouses in NSW. James Barnet designed the current lighthouse. Tenders were called for it’s construction in 1878, it was built in 1879 and exhibited in 1880.
The light is the twin of the ones at Fingal Head, Clarence River, Tacking Point and Crowdy Head.
101 Views: 1 February 2013.
Olympus E-30, Zuiko 12-60mm SWD, 14mm, f14, 1/200 sec., ISO 100.