The entry foyer of St Peter’s Anglican Church, Ballarat.
This beautiful entry foyer is quite small, but includes this lovely old cast iron circular staircase, stained glass window, pedestal with flowers and tiled floor. Light filtered in through the stained glass and the open doorway.
St Peter’s, a large bluestone church was built in 1864-1867 to the design of Ballarat architect C.D. Cuthbert and later enlarged through the addition of the broad transepts and the massive tower (1891) that contains a peal of bells by Mears and Stainbank of London. The fittings include stained glass together a stone pulpit and much carved timber furniture.
728 Views 29 August. 2013.
Five photos processed with OLONEO HDRengine.
Olympus E-30, Zuiko 7-14mm, 9mm, f11, 1.6 – 4.0 sec., ISO 100. HDR