Proudfoot’s Boathouse on the Hopkins River near Warrnambool is an outstanding example of a late-19th century boathouse complex with associated residence and jetties. Thomas Proudfoot first applied for a jetty licence in 1885 with a view to establishing a boating business on the Hopkins River. The early single storey sections are thought to date from this period. The two storey second stage probably dates from 1893 when additions were constructed. The entire complex was designed and built by Proudfoot himself. The business remained in the Proudfoot family until 1979.