The Lady Bay Upper Lighthouse at Flagstaff Hill, Warrnambool was moved stone by stone from Middle Island to its current location on top of Flagstaff Hill. The alignment of its light and the Lady Bay Lower Light guide ships into Lady Bay.
Originally built in 1859 as the Middle Island Lighthouse it was relocated stone by stone to replace the obelisk on top of Flagstaff hill and become the Upper Lighthouse in 1871-2.
The Lighthouse is situated in Flagstaff Hill Maritime Village which is both a museum with Australia’s richest shipwreck collection all contained in an 1870’s village located on a state heritage listed overlooking Lady Bay, Warrnambool.
228 Views: 3 May 2013.
Olympus E-30, Zuiko 12-60mm SWD, 29mm, f/11, 1/100 sec., ISO 100.