The Lady Bay Low Lighthouse in the Flagstaff Maritime Museum at Warrnambool overlooks the bay from which it takes its name.
It started life, one part as an obelisk, the other part as an earlier lighthouse. The square tower was originally built in 1854 as one of two obelisks on Flagstaff Hill. The light was originally used in its predecessor, the Beach Lighthouse, built in 1859.
During 1871-72, the light was relocated to the top of the obelisk.
The Lighthouse is situated in Flagstaff Hill Maritime Village which is both a museum with Australia’s richest shipwreck collection all contained in an 1870’s village located on a state heritage listed overlooking Lady Bay.
100 Views: 27 August 2012.
Olympus E-30, Zuiko 12-60mm SWD, 29mm, f/11, 1/250 sec., ISO 200.