An old weatherboard cottage in Costerfield.
The seat still sits on the verandah, the spouts is falling down and the yard is overgrown…waiting for the next rush!
Costerfield about 10 km to the east of Heathcote, opened in about the early 1860’s, derived its name from the original shareholders in the famous Costerfield Gold and Antimony Mine, viz., the brothers Allan and Peniston Coster and Edwin Field.
It was once a thriving mining settlement employing over 700 men and at one time was the largest supplier of antimony in the state. Established in 1861, when the first gold and antimony were found in the area, Costerfield has seen three major sustainable mining periods and the towns star has shone brightly and waned accordingly!
213 Views: 24 February 2013.
Olympus E-30, Zuiko 12-60mm SWD, 14mm, f10, 1/160 sec., ISO 100.