The Boathouse on Lake Daylesford catches the last rays of sunlight as the sun sets behind the hills.
The township of Daylesford is located in a region that contains Australia’s largest concentration of natural mineral springs.
A gold rush occurred in the area when alluvial gold was found in 1851, with the town of Daylesford being surveyed in 1854.
Lake Daylesford, which covers land upon which gold was first discovered, was created in 1929 and is located in the beautiful Central Springs Reserve, just a few minutes walk south of the town centre.
291 Views: 3 August 2013.
Olympus E-30, Zuiko 12-60mm SWD, 60mm, f/11, 1/125 sec., ISO 200.