Villa Taranto, located in Pallanza on the northern end of Lake Maggiore.The botanical garden was created over 9 years in the 1930’s by a Scottish Captain, Neil McEacharn and has been open to the public since 1952. The Captain spent almost his entire, very substantial, fortune in remodelling the landscape and building the garden. One of the most memorable gardens which we have visited anywhere in the world.
Taken during 1991 using an Olympus OM4 with Kodachrome 64; and scanned in 2011 on an Epson 2400 driven by VueScan software.
This image is featured in the “A Garden Somewhere” Group
and the " All About Gardens" Group".
Viewed 2381 times as at May 28, 2014.