Hotel Kaleden, Kaleden, BC. Canada
The Hotel Kaleden was built in 1910 as one of the cornerstone buildings of the Town of Kaleden, designed as one of the leading buildings in the interior of British Columbia. The Hotel Kaleden was one of the first buildings to feature electric light, running water, private sleeping porches, and exclusive dining rooms. Opened in 1911, the Hotel operated until the beginning of World War 1 when the economic bases of British Columbia communities collapsed. The building sat empty until the early 1940’s when it was sold and dismantled. The shell of the building has since sat idle and was sold to the Regional District Okanagan‐Similkameen by Fred King in 1982.