In 1967 Avoncroft Museum was opened to the public following the rescue and reconstruction of a Medieval Merchant’s House from Bromsgrove.
Avoncroft’s priority is to retain historic buildings in their original location.
Over five decades, Avoncroft Museum has continued to rescue structures where this had not been achievable. The Museum now displays and cares for 25 historic buildings.
The collection comprises:
The String of Horses (1576), The National Telephone Kiosk Collection, The Earth Closet, The Ice House, The Toll House, The Cell Block, The Spire, The Guesten Hall, The Showman’s Wagon, The Merchant’s House, The Cockpit, The Prefab, The Chain Shop, The Nailer’s Forge, The Cholstrey Barn, The Windmill, The Perry Mill, The Stable, The Victorian Chimneys, The Wagon Shed
Camera: Canon PowerShot S95