St Mary’s Church, Lower Slaughter, Gloucestershire, England.
There has been a church standing on this site in Lower Slaughter since the 13th century.
The present church of St Mary’s was rebuilt in 1867 when the earlier church fell into dis-repair. St Marys’ is designed on the Early English architecture by Benjamin Ferrey who also carried out much of the restoration work on Wells Cathedral.
The interior is rather plain but retains some of the original 13th century arches. There are stained glass windows in the north, west and east walls.The memorials are mostly dedicated to the Whitmore family who lived in the manor house next door. The tower contains six bells dating from 1450 to 1867.
Camera: Canon EOS 5D Mark II
Featured in the group "A place to call home "