Albury’s Post Office
Built in 1875 by local builder, Alexander Frew, around an existing building. An imposing country post office having good civic architectural qualities make a suitable entrance to the other civic buildings in Dean Street.
In terms of style, scale and height Frew included an arcaded verandah on Kiewa Street, which has since been filled in. The present open verandah is part of a later extension. The truncated clock tower was added in the 1920’s and built of timber disguised as masonry.