Uploaded for a challenge on digitally altered tulips.
I kind of liked this tulip shot made for the Nocturnal Garden series , but I did not find it sharp enough, and besides, it was dead center and rather uninteresting.
I decided to use this challenge to see if I could salvage it.
I repositioned the flower, fixing the background where the rotating had left it bare, and added a very slight fractalius effect to bring out the details. I was about to add more effects or textures, but I changed my mind, thinking that it looked quite right already. It seems that it didn’t need that much fixing after all…
This image was processed in Photoshop 6.0, and the Redfield Fractalius filter was used.
Nikon D60 and its 18-55mm kit lens.
I painted over the blooms with a flashlight during an exposure of 2 to 5 seconds long, ISO-100, f/14.
For those who don’t know already, all flowers in the Nocturnal Garden series were shot in a garden at night.
Featured in the Bubblers’ Weekly Challenge group, on August 25, 2009
Featured in the group Tulips on October 16, 2009