- Location : Newport > Rhode Island > USA
Camera : Nikon D300
Lens : Nikkor 12-24 mm f/4 GED IF
Filter : UV ( B+W )
Tripod : YES
Exposure : 1/60sec. f/16 , ISO 100
Bracketing : -2,-1,0,2 > Photomatix Pro
PP in Photoshop CS4
Castle Hill Lighthouse is one of a number of navigational aids for ship traffic entering the main shipping channel of the East Passage of Narragansett Bay bound for Newport or Providence.
The handsome Castle Hill Lighthouse is built right into a cliff face, and almost appears as a natural feature of the landscape.
Although the lighthouse itself is not open to the public. If you can afford it, you can stay nearby at the Inn at Castle Hill and access the grounds easily by footpaths in the area.
The lighthouse is listed in the National Register of Historic Places.
- FEATURED in # 1 ARTISTS OF
REDBUBBLE JAN 17 10
- FEATURED in GOING COASTAL JAN 17 10
- *FEATURED in Unique Buildings Jan 20 10
- FEATURED in Historic Places JAN 21 10
- FEATURED in Cliffs, Caves & Caverns APRIL 26 10
- FEATURED in All About Lighthouses MAY 02 10
- FEATURED in New England Coastal Life MAY 08 10
- FEATURED in Preserving History JULY 19 10
- FEATURED in The Beautiful East Coast (USA) DEC 11 10
- FEATURED in A Place To Call Home DEC 2011
- TOP 10 in Photos of Lighthouses – February Avatar challenge JAN 31 10 2nd place
- TOP 10 in New England Coastal Life – Your Best New England Lighthouse challenge MARCH 07 10 3rd place
- TOP 10 in Photos of Lighthouses -March Group Avatar challenge M ARCH 07 10 8th place
- TOP 10 in Safe Haven – What “safe” means to you challenge MARCH 09 10 7th place
- 751 + views as of 12 07 10
- 25 + favorites as of 12 07 10
- Every comment to my photos is more than welcome and I appreciate your thoughts. Thanks.
- PLEASE VIEW OTHER LIGHTHOUSE IMAGES FROM OUR NEW ENGLAND LIGHTHOUSES COLLECTION