There’s so many inaccuracies with this, but I still love it. It’s just meant to be humorous, not educational!
Here’s a lot of exceptions and things to note! Hope you still enjoy the design :)
- Some of these dinosaur species weren’t alive at the time of the mass extinction event, or even during the Cretaceous period at all.
- The dinosaur sizes are approximate, at best!
- The weather at the time would have been very varied, depending on the part of the planet, including tropical rainstorms – I’ve just left it as all sunny to highlight the shift to continuous cloud cover after the meteor.
- The temperatures are also arbitrary, and the temperature of “999” is for comic effect – the meteor could/would have caused immediate temperature increases in the environment upon impact, but certainly not 999 degrees, either C or F. (Except perhaps under the meteorite itself!)
- I’ve left the dates the same as the Apocalypse Weather design, purely for simplicity. Dinosaurs didn’t have dates (as far as we know…) and we certainly don’t know what time of year the meteorite struck.
- The extinction of the dinosaurs was certainly not overnight and would have happened over a long (for us) period of time – it was “immediate” in the history of the Earth, but certainly not in a literal way.
Follow me on social media, new designs all the time!