Lighthouse Pointe Saint Matthew Brittany France.
The lighthouse dates from 1835, alongside the ruins of the abbey was built between 1150 and 1250. But already in 1692, three rows of lamps were superposed in a lantern intallées the top of the tower of the abbey. Then in 1740, the ships spotted by a fire in a lantern streetlights 60 window. It was not until February 1821 for the fire to eight reflectors rotating Bordier-Marcet enters service. On June 15, 1835, the construction of the lighthouse was completed to replace the old fire tower next to the abbey. At that time, houses were built for the guards. In 1931, the fire is electrified, which improved the living conditions of the “guards of the seas.” In June 1963, the tower is painted red and white and marked with the “St. Matthew”.