Located in Poole’s Mill Park off of Poole’s Mill road in Forsyth County Georgia.
Featured in Streams and Stream Crossings
The historical marker for this bridge reads:
Poole’s Mill Covered Bridge
Cherokee Chief George Welch constructed a grist mill here on his extensive homeplace c. 1820. An uncovered bridge was later added. With the 1838 removal of the Cherokees, the land was sold to Jacob Scudder. Dr. M. L. Pool purchased it from Scudder’s family in 1880. Abandoned in 1947, the mill burned in 1959. The original bridge washed away in 1899 and was replaced with the present 96-foot structure in 1901. Constructed in the Town lattice design by Bud Gentry, the bridge’s web of planks crisscrossing at 45- to 60-degree angles are fastened with wood pegs, or trunnels, at each intersection
2000.7 Erected by The Georgia Historical Society and
the Historical Society of Forsyth County, Inc. 58-2