|Small Greeting Card||Large Greeting Card||Postcard|
|4" x 6"||5" x 7.5"||4" x 6"|
Daly’s bridge is a pedestrian bridge spanning the River Lee in Cork, Ireland. Known locally as the Shakey Bridge, it joins Sunday’s Well road on the northside, to Fitzgerald’s Park on the south.
Completed in 1926 and opened in 1927, it is the only suspension bridge in Cork city and was constructed by the London based David Rowell & Company.
Constructed primarily of wrought iron, the bridge spans 160 feet, and the timber planked walkway is four and a half feet wide.
The bridge takes its official name from Cork businessman James Daly, who contributed to the cost of the bridge. It’s colloquial name “the Shakey Bridge” derives from the movement of the platform when running or jumping on the bridge.