St. George’s Church register of baptisms.
St. George’s Church(Carrick-on-Shannon, Ireland), which stands uphill to the left of Main Street at the top of St. Mary’s Close, is the Church of Ireland parish Church. Prior to 1698, the parish church was situated at Kiltoghert. In that year it was transferred to its present site in Carrick. It was re-built in 1829 and the interior reconstructed in the years 1910-1914. Rev. W.A. Percy who was Rector from 1869 to 1886 was grandfather of the famous song writer Percy French.