The roller coaster in the amusement park “Bakken”, Dyrehavsbakken (“The Deer Park Hill”), commonly Referred two as “Bakken” (“The Hill”) is the World’s Oldest operating amusement park.
It is located near Klampenborg (Gentofte municipality) but Belong in Lyngby-Taarbæk, Denmark about 8 miles north of Copenhagen. With 2.5 to 2.7 million visitors per year, it is the second: most popular attraction in Denmark, after the more widely known amusement park “Tivoli Gardens”.
The origins of Dyrehavsbakken can be traced back to 1583 when Kirsten Piil discovered a natural spring in what is now known as Jægersborg Dyrehave or Dyrehaven, a large forest park north of Copenhagen. Residents of Copenhagen were attracted to the spring due to the poor water quality in the area during the time period. Many believed the natural spring water to have curative properties, and therefore Piil’s discovery drew large crowds, especially in the springtime. These large crowds attracted entertainers and hawkers, whose presence began the origins of amusement parks as are presently known.
About the amusement park`s roller coaster – built in 1932 there is a funny story –In Danish you spell the name with a S “Rutschebanen” but those who made the sign for the roller coaster forgot the S. This is still not changed even on the new signs – therefore the name is still spelled as this “Rutchebanen” without the S.
At that time it was the largest roller coaster in Europe.
Camera: Canon EOS 5D mrk.II
Lens: Canon EF 24-105 L
Shutter speed: 1/640
Focal length: 105 mm
Thanks for the visit