A small Armenian church was built in the years 1363–1370, founded by an Armenian merchant from Caffa and established as the mother church of an eparchy. In 1437 the cathedral was surrounded with an arcade gallery, today only the southern one is preserved and the northern has been rebuilt into a sacristy. After the church was damaged in a city fire in 1527 a new stone belfry was erected in 1571. In 1630 the main nave was extended, further rebuilt in 1723. Since 17th century the cathedral belonged to Armenian Catholic eparchy of Lvov, as union with Roman Catholic Church was introduced by bishop Mikołaj (Nicolas) Torosowicz. The Cathedral owes most of its present day look to a remodeling carried out in the years 1908-1927.
Canon EOS 40D
Sigma 10-20mm EX DC
Shot on May 22, 2010
3 shot HDR processed in Photomatix 3.2 Pro
Editing in Photoshop CS5