Used to serve as a Museum of Atheism in Soviet times. Now it’s back to its original meaning. Karma!!! :-)
In 1749 Józef Potocki laid the corner-stone for the present day Baroque church, commonly attributed to Jan de Witte. The church was consecrated in 1764 by the Latin archbishop of Lviv Wacław Hieronim Sierakowski. The Dominicans managed to safely survive through the reign of the Austrian emperor Joseph II, who closed many other monasteries. In 1865 a neo-baroque bell tower was added to the complex. In the years 1885-1914 a controversial renovation of the facade and interior was carried out.
After World War II the complex was occupied by soviets, used as warehouse and in the 1970s changed into a museum of religion and atheism. With the collapse of the soviet union the church was given to the Ukrainian Greek Catholic Church and now serves as a parish church, the monastery however has not been returned yet and still serves as a museum (renamed as the museum of religion).
The church resembles the church of St. Charles Borromeus in Vienna. It’s built on the plan of the Greek Cross inscribed in an ellipsoid and topped with a monumental dome.