Whitby Pier, Whitby, North Yorkshire, England
The beacon at the end of Whitby pier just after dawn in late August. Whitby has two piers enclosing the harbour and this is on the West Pier. The original stone lighthouse was built in 1831 and is now midway along the pier on a stone built foundation. The pier was extended further out to sea some time later as a wooden structure and the lighthouse seen here was built in 1914. Both lighthouses still operate when shipping is expected.
Canon 300D with 10-22mm lens at 15mm
ISO 100 – f25 – 0.6 sec