AH! I almost forgot that I was gonna put this one up now that I’m happy with it!
Aim- To construct a suite of similarly sized panels upon which a range of materials and approaches will be engaged to realize a set of predetermined results.
Process- Prepare a set of 9 panels sized approx. A4. Select a common colour that will be used as a basis of experimental surfaces on the panels. Each of the 9 panels should be approached with a different one of the following set of enteritises:
(reading the panels like a book, left to right, top to bottom)
1.Essentially disrupted- Here, the term ‘essential’ refers to the connection between substance and effect. e.g. the word ‘Burnt’ burnt into the panel.
2. Lyrical disruption- Using a series of organic or curvilinear marks and/or compositional elements, imply an irregular or unstable surface without the use of straight lines.
3. Glazed surface- prepare a translucent varnish to change the nature of the surface. This may be to make the surface matted, glossy, streaked, aged, etc.
4. Convoluted surface- Using only lighter, darker/tonally different colours rather than adding wight or black to imply a distorted or warped surface.
5. Implied texture- to manipulate the paint on the surface to allude to a significant disruption of the surface which is totally fictional.
6. Actual Texture- To use additives to develop a surface which has some form of significant disruption of the surface.
7.Tonally convoluted surface- Using only the single colour, imply a distorted or warped surface.
8. Geometric Disruption- by the use of tessellation or ordered hard edge division imply an irregular or unstable surface.
9.Slick finnish- To achieve a surface that is flat, featureless and devoid of tonal variation as is possible to achieve.
No pannel is actually complete yet btw, the pannels that are comlete are the ones shown in colour. though, once i complete it i may go back and do some touch ups.
image is a thumbnail section of this stock image http://gracies-stock.deviantart.com/art/Blue-Ob...