The Castle of Good Hope (Dutch: Kasteel de Goede Hoop; Afrikaans: Kasteel die Goeie Hoop) is a star fort built in the 17th century in Cape Town, South Africa.
In 1936 the Castle was declared a national monument. Extensive restorations completed during the 1980s make the Castle the best preserved example of a Dutch East India Company fort.
The Castle acted as local headquarters for the South African Army in the Western Cape, and today houses the Castle Military Museum and ceremonial facilities for the traditional Cape Regiments.
Pen, ink, pencil, waterpaint on Daler Rowney 300gsm paper.
FEATURED in Painters Universe
26 August 2012.
FEATURED in Women Painters
26 October 2012.