Taken with Pentax K100D
Edited in Photomatix and CS5
St Augustine’s Hospital (1875–1993) was a psychiatric hospital in Chartham, Kent, UK. It was founded as the second, or East, Kent County Asylum in 1872. In 1948 the hospital became part of the National Health Service and was renamed St Augustine’s Hospital. The hospital gained notoriety in the 1970s when it was the subject of a committee of inquiry into malpractice and mismanagement. St Augustine’s Hospital closed in 1993 and the site is now occupied by housing.