Parisi Udvar (Parisian Arcade) in Budapest was built between 1909 and 1913. It was commissioned by the Central City Savings Bank and designed by German-born architect Henrik Schmahl. The interior is a dimly lit passageway with an impressive glass dome suggesting the atmosphere of Oriental bazaar. Despite poor lighting the walls and ceiling of the arcade are impressive and the floor tiling also attractive. Unfortunately, it is poorly maintained and most business areas are empty.
The optical effect of the dome gives the impression that the centre is lower than the rim but the centre is the high point.
400 viewings on 2 January 2015
Featured in “Historic Sites”
Camera : Lumix DMC-G3