The Tumbulgum Cemetery was established in 1883 near the small village east of Murwillumbah in northern New South Wales and ceased operation in 1947 due the inaccessability of the site. The cemetery is in thick scrub on a hillside north of the Tweed River. Natural vegetation, including Brush-box and rainforest species has reclaimed the site which had become forgotten until a project by the Tweed Council in 1993 rebuilt access paths to the site.
650 viewings on 17 December 2014
“Top 10” in challenge in “Historic Sites”
Camera: Lumix DMC-FZ7