Indiana’s most famous covered bridge and waterfall located in Bridgeton, Indiana. Dedicated in October of 2006 and located in the National Register Historic District. As is straight from the camera.
The first Bridgeton Covered Bridge was a 245-foot (75 m) long double span Burr Arch bridge built in 1868 by a crew led by J.J. Daniels. The bridge was closed to traffic in 1968.2 The first Bridgeton Covered Bridge was burned by an arsonist on April 28, 2005.
The second Bridgeton Covered Bridge was built in 2006 by local citizens and the state of Indiana.