St Matthew’s stands on the top of a hill overlooking the Kennet valley, Berkshire, United Kingdom.
Church services in Midgham date from 1622. From then until 1714 they were performed in a chapel in the park near to the former Midgham House.
Mr Benjamin Buck Greene, owner of Midgham House arranged for construction of the present church which dates from 1869. The architect was John Johnson.