How to cook the perfect soft boiled egg:
1) Heat a saucepan of water to boiling point.
2) Once boiling, place in a fresh egg
3) Boil the egg for one minute
4) After one minute, turn off the heat and cover the saucepan, leaving the egg in the water for 4 minutes.
5) Remove the egg and place in an egg cup
6) The boiled egg should be enjoyed with narrow slices of buttered bread (soldiers), along with a small pinch of salt.
7) Boiled eggs and soldiers are not complete without a cup of English tea, a glass of orange juice and a newspaper.