The Sainte Chapelle, “Holy Chapel”
A section of the wonderful stained glass interior of the upper chapel in The Sainte Chapelle “Holy Chapel” in Paris.
This small gothic chapel was commissioned by Louis IX, The King of France, to house the Crown of Thorns and a piece of the True Cross, precious relics from the holy land.
The chapel was completed in 1248 and is located on the Ile de la Cité in Paris.
Picture taken July 2009.