Taken with a canon T3i and Canon 60mm f2.8 macro lens
The Nittany Lion Shrine at Pennsylvania State University was dedicated on October 24, 1942 during Homecoming. Animalier Heinz Warneke and stonecutter Joseph Garatti created it from a 13-ton block of Indiana Limestone. The shrine was chosen from six models submitted by Warneke.
The shrine is a gift of the class of 1940 and rests in a natural setting of trees near Recreation Building. The site was chosen for its accessibility, the surrounding trees, and the fact that the sculpture would not be dwarfed by nearby buildings.