Tambaroora . By 1855 Tambaroora was the most populated area in the Turon district with about 5-600 people. In the 1861 census for Tambaroora, it showed that 2235 individuals were living in the area, and this included 1625 Chinese.
By 1899 all active mining had ceased, having gleaned over 50,000 ounces (1,418kg) of gold out of the creeks and gullies.
Today nothing is left of the village of Tambaroora, apart from a few houses along the road and the remnants of the chimney of the Hargraves Hotel owned by Alfred Thomas Dagger who took over the hotel soon after the death of his father, James Dagger who died 20th December 1900.
24-70 f2.8 lens
HDR. Single raw file x 5 into Photomatix @ 1 space ev. Finished in CS3. Hand held.