Berry Park House, Duckenfield
Berry Park House is an attractive Georgian homestead built in 1837 for the late John Eales with a hipped roof and shady verandah built by tradesmen who emigrated from England.
John Eales obtained a grant of 2100 acres in the Morpeth area in 1823. He grew wheat and constructed some of the colony’s first silos for storage. He also raised sheep, bred racehorses (his son developed a prosperous stud), organised the first race meeting in the Hunter Valley in 1833, owned some of the colony’s finest racehorses and built a private racecourse.