1. Do you like blue cheese?
I don’t like mouldy cheese.
2. Have you ever smoked a cigarette?
Only about 30 a day
3. Do you own a gun?
I do not, and never will, own a gun. I’ve never even fired one. The NRA are idiots.
4. What flavor do you add to your drink at Sonic?
What an ethnocentric question! I live in Melbourne, one of the acknowledged restaurant capitals of the world, so even if we had Sonic here I wouldn’t bother to eat there. A classic case of pandering to the lowest common denominator, which is a surefire path to mediocrity.
5. Do you get nervous before doctor appointments?
I so rarely go, and when I do I know why I am there, and what the treatment is.
6. Do you like hot-dogs?
7. Favourite Christmas Song?
I abhor christmas songs, christmas and anything to do with it.
8. What do you prefer to drink in the morning?
Strong espresso coffee, black.
9. Can you do push-ups?
Yes, in full medieval armor & with one arm.
10. What’s your favorite meal?
It varies. I enjoy so many different cuisines, but North African, North Indian, Provencal French, Tuscan Italian and Australian bush foods are all amongst the favorites.
11. What’s your favorite piece of jewelry?
I dont wear any.
12. Favorite hobby?
Medievalism, photography, philosophy, reading, music, sport.
13. Do you work with people who idolize you?
14. Name a trait that you hate about yourself?
I stress too often.
15. Middle name?
I have one
16. Name 3 thoughts at this moment:
I need more coffee
At last I have some peace as everyone has gone to bed
Looking forward to the Opals v USA game
17. Name 3 things you bought yesterday:
Diesel for the 4wd
Food to cook for dinner (stir fry beef and vegetables in homemade soy/honey/garlic/ginger sauce)
2 500W/sec studio flash heads, stands and umbrellas
18. Name 3 drinks you regularly drink.
Black espresso coffee
19. Current worry right now?
I need to get healthy for the really physically tough weeks of work I have coming up
20. Current hate right now?
Deluded people who, just because they believe in invisibly fantasy creatures that they pray to or worship, seem to think that rational, logical people who live in the real world are somehow inferior or patently evil.
21. Favourite place to be?
With the people I care most about, and who are fabulously caring and supportive of a cynical creative.
22. How did you bring in New Years?
I was editing photographs at home and chatting on msn with friends from home and England.
23. Favourite place to go?
My top three places to travel around, experience and photograph at the moment would be Australia, Iceland and france
24. What is your most recurring dream?
Other than the erotic ones? ;) Most of them end up with me being dead or mutilated.
25. Introvert or extrovert?
Very introverted, but I do an excellent job of seeming like an extrovert to the vast majority of people..
26. What color shirt are you wearing?
A black Shamrain (Finnish band) t-shirt.
27. Do you like sleeping on satin sheets?
I have never actually slept on satin sheets. ;).
28. Can you whistle?
29. Favourite colour(s)?
30. Would you be a pirate?
No, I don’t like fighting with swords unless I am wearing 34kg of medieval armor.
31. What songs do you sing in the shower?
I dont sing in the shower, but I sing along with my mp3 player in the car, so usually Porcupine Tree, IQ, NiN or similar
32. Favorite girl’s name?
33. Favorite boy’s name?
34. Who is your loudest friend?
I don’t have loud friends. I don’t like loud people.
35. What’s in your pocket right now?
Mobile phone, keys, wallet, cigarettes, lighter
36. Last thing that made you laugh?
I don’t remember.
37. Bed sheets as a child?
Plain white cotton, always. My parents had precious little imagination or creativity.
38. Worst injury you’ve ever had?
Smashed fingers from medieval combat, torn muscles and joint injuries from competition rock climbing and competition swimming, concussion from basketball.
39. Do you love where you live?
No. I spend hours dreaming about better places to live, better ways to live and such like things.
40. How many TV’s are in your house?
41. What is your worst habit?
42. How many dogs do you have?
I have no dogs. The rest of my family has a dog.
43. Does someone have a crush on you?
44. Do you own slippers?
45. What is your favourite book?
I don’t do favorites. I enjoy Tolkien, Sheri S Tepper, Tad Williams, Peter Hamilton, Clive Barker, Greg Bear, John Ralston Saul and many more. My home is decorated in early modern book and cd.
46. What is your favorite candy?
I don’t eat candy
47. What is your favorite sports team?
I love sport, but I don’t dilute the experience by supporting any particular team. I follow cricket, soccer, American Football, swimming, cycling, basketball and more, but I just enjoy watching the best in whatever sport it is playing hard and fair at the top level.
48. What song do you want played at your funeral?
A selection, probably. Sigur Ros untitled 3 from (), Right where we belong, Hopippola by Sigur Ros, Green Grass of Tunnel by Mum, something by Amiina, a couple of Porcupine Tree tracks…. tons more, probably
49. What were you doing at 12 AM last night?
Watching the Olympics.
50. What was the first thing you thought of when you woke up this morning?
How long I had to get ready before my visitors arrived