A new day dawns on the remains of the HMQS Gayundah.
The flat-iron gunboat entered service in 1884 and was operated by the Queensland Maritime Defence Force and later the Royal Australian Navy. Almost four decades after being decommissioned and sold, it was ran aground in 1958 at Woody Point, Queensland, to serve as a breakwater structure.
In more than half a century time has taken its toll and what remains now is a heavily corroded wreck.
Shot May 2012.
Camera: Canon 5D Mark III
Lens: Canon EF 28-80mm
Focal length: 30mm
Shutter speed: 1.6 sec